“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” --mark twain

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Potato Soup

One of my favorite meals is my mom's potato soup.  I've tried potato soups from several different places but so far I haven't found one that compares to my hers.  I'm going to share the recipe so you should feel special! :)

3 1/2 c. chicken broth
8 celery ribs, sliced (she omits this part for me)
4 carrots, sliced
2 med. potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 lg. onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. frozen corn, thawed
1/4 c. butter
2 c. milk
2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven.  cover, reduce heat, simmer 15 to 20 min. or until vegetables are tender.  Remove from heat and stir in corn.  Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.  Add flour, whisking until smooth.  Cook 1 min., whisking constantly/  Gradually whisk in milk.  Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.  Add cheese, stirring until blended.  Stire cheese mixture gradually into vegetable mixture.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until throughly heated.
Enjoy!

































No comments:

Post a Comment