“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” --mark twain

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Marine Ball

Last weekend one of my good friends asked me to accompany him to his Marine Corps Ball in Chattanooga, TN.  I had never been to one before and I thought it would be a good experience so how could I say no?  If you know me, I love getting ready and dressing up especially for big events like a ball.  I met some great people and had a great time.  Ethan always does a good job at making everybody laugh so it's always fun to have him around.  I am very honored and appreciated him asking me to go with him.  I am so grateful for our Marine Corps for what they have done and what they do for this country.  Without them the United States would not be what it is today.  Remember, freedom does NOT come free you have to fight for it.  If you know or see a veteran or someone that is serving our country please be sure to thank them because that is the least that you can do.  Americans often take things for granted and freedom is one of them.
Our hotel, The Sheraton, was beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment